Nov 3, 2009

The Dream

I've been having this dream lately, and every time I have it, it keeps getting more and more vivid. I thought I'd share it =)...

I've finished my second university degree, possibly in Veterianary or Tourism. I travel around the world a lot. Africa, South America, Thailand, China, Alaska. I go around the world researching and observing animal behaviour. I had just finish my whirlwind tour of the world looking at animals and telling people about them. The long trip from Alaska made me heaps tired and I was happy to be home for Christmas with my family and friends.

It's Christmas day and I come home to my house by the beach near Manly. Two storey beach home, glass windows, a freshly mowed green lawn and bikes scattered all over the front lawn. The car has been taken out of the garage and into the driveway, the hubby must have either taken the kids bike riding around Manly or just took the kids home from soccer. Either way I'm just happy to be home. I walk in, wooden floors, walls painted in midnight blue and in the backround I hear the little murmurs of five or six teenage girls talking about the latest fashion crazes and the boys at school in the living room. In the theatre the t.v is on and hubby is watching the basketball with the boys, like every Sunday afternoon. Downstairs in the garage I can hear the clattered and smashing of tools, my son must be working on his car he bought secondhand by some random dude he met at the wharf. There's an infusion of smells surrounding me. I can still smell the lawn clippings outside, from the kitchen I smell vanilla and strawberries; guessing someone (the hubby) got something burnt and tried to hide it with scented candles. Outside in the backyard, although I dont particulary like the smell, chlorine, the younger kids must be swimming on this hot day. It is way better than smelling animal poo for the past six months, any smell beats that. The BBQ is on; prawns, yummy. I had been living on leaves, fruits from trees or whatever the leader could hunt for dinner.

I take literally two steps into my home, and all four kids come running with open arms. Each of them talking over the other. The oldest one, my son (his name was Darien Mason) is overed in motor oil, wearing his worn out overalls, holding a wrench in this hand. The next according to age is my daughter (her name Desiree Leah), she smells like coconut. Looks like someone has been snooping through my closest lately. The two youngest my other son and daughter are wet and dripping from head to toe, they've been swimming and smell of chlorine. The girl was name Sadie Jaz and the boy was named Lucas Noah.

My dearest hubby has not risen from his seat to greet me. Seems like a pretty good game, so to annoy him I sat next to him hoping he would notice. Nope, some hubby. And two second later, TRY! He gets up screaming, I'm still on the couch staring at him, he looks down and finally recognizes me.

Outside in the backyard a mini-party has been set up. All my friends and family are outside eating lunch. Three dogs are in the running around in backround, one is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel named Pinkie, the other is an Alaskan Malamute named Finn, and the other dog struggling to keep up with the rest is a puppy, a black labrador named OJ.

The backyard is massive! Literally it extended for miles! Behind the pool and patio is an open rainforest filled with tall trees and native bushes. A hammock is laid out in between two of the tallest trees, and lying in the hammock asleep is my dear friend David (don't ask why he is there). In the pool Anna Min, Charmaine and Melissa are chilling by the side, soaking their feet and chatting about work and their plans for Christmas. Sitting down on the table sipping on their cocktails are Stefania with her husband, Christina with Richard and Michal with his fiancee, they are talking about their kids and the silly things they do. Krystel is on the grass with Jono and Neha playing with a baby, it's a girl and her name is Mercedes. She is learning to walk and Krystel is teaching her to say her name. Fail. Krystel hands the baby over to me (guessing it's mine =S) and the baby smiles. She has rosy cheeks and is wearing all pink. In the pool are several kids. One boy in the pool is wearing floaties and doggie paddling his way from one end of the pool to the next, from the back a parent yells, "GET AWAY FROM THE DEEP END NOAH!". I turn around and it's Michal rushing to save his son from the deep end. The two girls which were playing patty cake on the side of the pool belonged to Stefania and Krystel. The rest of the kids in the pool were all playing Marco Polo.

I hear Danica and Courtney talking to one of my hubby's friends in the backround. They're talking about some band and how he knows them and could possibly hook them up with tickets. Kanchan just walks in with her boyfriend. Kanchan puts a gift under my christmas tree and says its for my daughter Desiree. Her boyfriend goes downstairs to help Darien with the car. The christmas tree is massive!!! Literally almost nine or ten feet, either way it was standing near the stairwell, and right next to it was a fireplace. There were almost hundreds of presents under the tree, each wrapped newspaper (requested by me, no wrapping paper, must be environmentally friendly). There is a big one near the back, and it was shaped like a horse, a rocking horse for Mercedes I presume, it's got written on it:

"Dearest Mercedes, Merry Christmas, your mother insisted I do not get you a REAL horse, so I got you this one instead. Love, your Godmother Krystel"

On the other side of the tree was a big box, about half my height. I shake it just a bit, and I can hear little pieces underneath. A dollhouse for Serena, from her godmother, Stefania. There was one gift that was in two parts, it was definitely something soft underneath and on top was a box. I was a bit puzzled here. I took it, tried to shake it hoping I could figure out what it was. The front of the present said:

"Dear Darien, Merry Xmas, I know your dad hasnt' spoken to you about this, so I thought I'd jump the gun. Hope you and your girlfriend enjoy it ;). Open this in private, from your godfather Dayvee."

Condoms. I was actually happy David gave him condoms for some reason. I guess it was because my hubby didn't want to. Atleast he would be having safe sex, that would be a bit of a relief.

It's time to open the presents, everyone is gathered around the tree. All the kids and parents hand out their gifts, cameras are out and newspapers go flying everywhere. Darien finally comes from the garage with Kanchan's boyfriend. David gives his gift, giggling and smiling. I whisper to Darien, to not open it here in public, at least not the little box. The soft gift under the box was a grey cardigan. Mercedes tries to open her big box, Krystel tries to help but it seems liek Mercedes is most interested in the newspaper wrapping than the gift. Desiree is screaming thank you in the backround to her godmother Anna Min. IPHONE IPHONE IPHONE she keeps yelling. She screams again, this time to Kanchan, she gave her the wallet she wanted. All the happiness was getting to me, that I totally forgot my gifts to my own children. For Darien, plane tickets to travel around Europe with his girlfriend; for Desiree, hand-made jewelry from Africa and a brand new leather jacket; for Serena, it was some type of musical instrument, I think it was a custom made violin; for Lucas a new baseball bat and mit; and finally for Mercedes a necklace with her birthday and a picture of her father and I engraved in. (These kids must have been spoiled)

After this point I would usually wake up .. =S

No comments:

Post a Comment