Nov 9, 2009

pop art

"Pop art: style of art which incorporates elements of advertisement and items of mass culture, such as comic strips, newspapers or consumer goods."

Tonight I was frantically surfing through the many Foxtel channels available to me, and although it is not Foxtel, I ended up watching The Apprentice Australia. Todays episode revolved around selling artworks from "the heart". They had about four different artists to choose from, one was an Aboriginal artist, one was a landscape artist and two were pop culture artists. One of the artists was Ben Frost and the other one, was Shannon something, I forgot her name but I loved her work. The colours used were just brilliantly used to create this spectacular design. The other artist Ben Frost had interesting work. Quiet controversial and according to the guys on the Apprentice, very "niche".

I dont quiet understand art to be honest. From what I see, I tend to judge a book by its cover. I dont get how people "read" paintings and see what lies beneath. I just base my personal interest and liking into a painting. If I were some day to have my own house, I wouldn't mind having some of Ben Frost's artwork hanging from my walls. Surely wouldn't let little kids look at it, but I'd still like to have one.




No comments:

Post a Comment