Jul 27, 2009

My new sensation

Muay thai: also known as "The Art of Eight Limbs" (two hands, two elbows, two knees and two shins); commonly practised in many of the Southeast Asian countries, like Thailand, this form of martial arts has made champions of people such as John Wayne Parr and Yodsaenklai. And man how much i love doing it =P.

Recently, well more like a couple of weeks ago, a group of friends and i picked up this martial arts because i was pressured by my sister to ask my friends if they wanted to join. So about three of us joined and today was probably our fourth or fifth lesson at the small but effective gym IWAK.

At first the four of us were such noobs. Every second the trainer would have to stop and slow down so that we would be able to get the correct techniques and combinations "45 degree angle", "hands up to defend", "we're not in karate", "kick with the shin", "make the "ish"". Oh! Speaking of the "ish", i am happy to announce that i have used my first "ish" in muay thai. YEAH! SNAPS FOR ME! The "ish" is the little or loud i should be saying, sound which you use for that powerful kick or punch. Sort of gives it more "umph".

Anyway, now we've decided to do two lessons a week =P instead of our usual one on the Monday night. And we've brought along some friends, well, yeah i guess they are friends?

There's something about muay thai that i love, not just the fact that i do it, but it makes me feel good about myself, more than just powerful. I feel confident, thats the word =D. I strongly recommend. I seriously need new shorts =S.

No comments:

Post a Comment