Jul 25, 2009

Recent revelation?

I've been told many times, not just my friends but my random people who i meet like once in a lifetime and even by my own family and relatives. Don't worry it's not serious, unless your someone my age who should not in anyway be affliated with one.

I'll get to the point, so yeah as i was browsing my ipod, scrolling forward to the next song (my next button doesn't work =P) i tried to categorize my music and the genre of music i listen to most. You had your Nickelback and Bon Jovi which i categorize as Alternative Rock. Then we have Katy Perry, Lady Gaga and Britney which is classified as Pop. Akon, Omarion and Eminem; Hip Hop/RnB. And then we came to the odd song here and there, like Paris Hiltons "Nothing in This World", Taylor Swifts "You Belong With Me" and Miley Cyrus's "The Climb" ("lifes a climb, but the view is great =P).

Now the trouble with these type of songs was, how can i classify them. And it hit me, TB. For anyone who doesn't know (i'm sure everyone knows) TB is the colloquial term used to define people, mainly those around the ages of 12-16, who listen to TB music, dress the TB style and act the TB way. There's pretty much one thing all TB's have in common. Two words; Edward Cullen.

So like i was saying, as i classified my Miley Cyrus and Taylor Swift into my TB genre, i looked back at all my music and noticed all my music mainly in the TB genre. SHOCK! Was i a TB? Was i becoming the one thing that i despise the most in life? Twilighters and Bebo junkies? Ofcourse i was over reacting, i had a bit of a laugh at it at first. Like i said before, i've been constantly told many times how much of a TB i am, yet i've also been called a "cool" TB or as i like to call it "Mildly hot TB". In other words, not entirely a TB, but someone who still doesn't scream and faint to the floor when they hear the words, Edward Cullen.

I don't know why i hate TB's. I think it's just something people my age do, like a tradition. Trust me, when the TB's of my generation turn my age, any bet they'll be mocking the TB's of their generation. It's like in high school, you always hate the year above you, and make fun of the year below you. It's just something we've lived by.

So, yeah i admit, i listen to Miley Cyrus and Taylor Swift; i go gaga over guys; and i like to take thousands of photos and i occassionally use the peace sign. Does that make me TB? I'll leave that for people to decide. But honestly, we were once like that. Think about it; their Edward Cullen was our Chad Michael Murray, their Miley Cyrus and Taylor Swift was our old school Britney and Christina, their "Hoedown Throwdown" was our "Nutbush", oh and don't forgot our boyband craze. (Backstreet Boys, Nsync, Westlife =P). So i depart with:

I AM A
"MILDLY HOT TB"

No comments:

Post a Comment