Apr 15, 2010

Date Night- A Review

I went to watch Date Night yesterday with my work mates. And it was quiet a hassle to choose between this movie or How To Train Your Dragon which I have been hearing so much about. But considering it was for my birthday I chose Date Night =P.

So in brief, Date Night is about a suburban couple, the Fosters who wish to step out of their normal boring routine of potato skins and steak, waking up at 5am to make breakfast for their two kids and book clubs about girls have their periods in the desert. And they step out of the norm by going out to dinner in the big city of Manhattan at "The Claw" by obvioulsy taking someone else's reservations, which is frequently frowned upon throughout the movie by numerous people.

Alright, I expected this movie to be pretty funny. I mean Tina Fey and Steve Carell are big comedic names. Saturday Night Live? Like hello? Its stand-up comedy so you assume it's going to be a funny movie. I thought it was pretty funny. Not exceptionally funny, but funny enough to make my sides hurt every now and then. Then again I spent most of the movie laughing at my friend next to me laugh at almost EVERYTHING!

The D.A is pretty funny. His sick minded views and the broom, high-larious. Mark Wahlberg just reminded me so much of Taylor Lautner in New Moon, half naked in almost every scene. Well actually, every time he was shown in the movie, he was half naked. It was funny to see Steve Carell continuously ask Mark Wahlber to put on a shirt. All I could think of was New Moon spoof's =P.

There was one scene in the movie that made me feel awkward. Tina Fey and Steve Carell were sitting in the hot AUDI car (*droool*) and they were talking about how they managed to get stuck in this rut of steak and potato skins and how their friends were broken up, and classified each other as "excellent room-mates". The entire scene just seemed off and out of place. I kept thinking to myself, WHAT THE F***? Don't know, maybe because I've never really seen them play such a lovey-dovey role or a "serious" role. I just felt strange about it all.

Anyway, my rating ... 3 corn chips =D

No comments:

Post a Comment