Oct 7, 2009

Memories

It's been past a whole year since i graduated, went formal and said my goodbyes to my security blanket i called school. I remember my last week of year 12 like it was literally yesterday. Teachers ranting off at us for not concentrating and doing work, even though school was technically over. The graduation mass, on the Monday evening. My best memory of that night was walking about to the song which Monika Matesa chose, "Unwritten" by Natasha Beddingfield. I remember when Mrs. Melki asked us what we wanted for our "leaving" song. Monika fully analysed it, repeated all the lyrics like it was some type of poem. Well technically yeah, but you catch my drift. Either way, i thought the song was good. I enjoyed it. The years before us, i think had High School Musical and something else. Completely forgot, but yeah. But the choir that night, no comment. My sister had a comment, but i told her, no comment.
I was talking to some of my year 12 friends recently and i told each of them to cherish each moment they have from their last few days left in year 12. It's not everyday you can have such a moment like that.
Wednesday morning, our last official day in JPII and Year 12. Everyone was running back and forth, from classroom to classroom, person to person, quad to quad trying to get EVERYONE to sign their books. It was mental. I don't even know where my book went =S. I think i left it in Tina's car, gotta ask her about that =P. Anyway, i made sure that i got to school early to cherish the moments and take photos of everything before i left the school that took care of me for 13 years. I wore my sports jersey (which i still wear to uni every now and then) and i remember i baked two loads of cookies the night before to give to everyone. I remember being in Biology, my last period of my school life ever, and we were taking group photos with Ms. Corsiato. Dayum that woman stole all my cookies! She didnt even chew, she just shoved it in her mouth and that was it. So i had to escape so that i could be the friendly person that i am and give my cookies to everyone else in year 12, i was successful =). I remember flashes, everywhere. Everyone taking their last chance to have a photo with everyone. Even if we didnt know them as much as we should have, we still took photos with them. I mean when is the next time we would see them? The muck-up awards. LOL, the Monica and Chandler award, Next Australia Idol?, Next Rapper, Best Abs. Hilarious. We would have gone through all of them but we didnt have enough time. Then, we were told pretty much to leave by Mr. Bourne. He gave off the worst aura ever. Right after the muck up awards, he walks up on the stage and with his depressing frown everything just went silent and gloomy. Man that dude needs to lighten up! And tradionally, the year 11's applauded us out of the school. Tears, tears, tears, photo, tears, tears, hug, chain self to the gate, tears. Suprisingly i didnt cry, i cried in year 10 but not in year 12. I wondered why, but then again i always thought in my head, i live like right next door. So technically I can just visit whenever i want, it'll always be there all i have to do is make the effort to visit every now and then. Which i've only really done once =PWednesday evening, graduation ceremony. The giving away of awards. I was surprised by how many i actually got to be honest. I remember sitting next to Rachel and Katrina. When Adam won the sportsman of the year award i remember he was flashing it in our faces, and the glare was UNBELIEVEABLE!!! It was literally like someone flashed a golden flashlight at us. My sister said that there is always a "smart" homeroom. The homeroom that obviously has majority of the smart people in it, or at least the homeroom that gets the most awards. And as i listened to that one homeroom get their awards, i felt bad for the people that would follow them. We all know what homeroom and what people we are on about. Oh and that school song! Never in my life have i heard such corny lyrics. It fits well with our school =).
Friday evening, formal, Hawkesbury Racecourse, Clarendon. Ahh the stretch hummer limo. Very classy and such an awesome way to rock up to your formal. And that photographer woman, argh! LOL, no comment needed there. For those who were actually there to witness it, they know how i felt too =P. Place overall, was okay. Not exactly the best place to have a formal, but from what our school could afford, then yeah it was okay. Dancefloor, what dancefloor? LOL, it was like a tiny square in the middle of the room. I prefered my year 10 formal to be honest.
I just needed to blog this cous as i saw the year 12's graduating and going over their photos, i remembered how much i loved it, and how much i miss it now. I dont want to go back to those days, i just miss the memories. I'm jealous =(, LOL. I guess i just have to wait till my last year of uni to do it all over again, sort of =P.

No comments:

Post a Comment