May 26, 2010

More awkwardness

It seems like everywhere I go, awkwardness follows me. Today on the train on the way home from the zoo, there was this woman who got on the train at Redfern. The moment the doors opened, you could hear this faint yelling in the distance .. "HOLD ON!"

I quickly began looking for this random voice who is yelling in the distance to hold on. And I see two women at the top of the stairs quickly trying to get pass the crowd to get onto the train. Both were blonde, both were oldish and both seemed like bogans (no offence). The doors close and only one of the girls manage to get through, the other is standing outside the doors staring at her friend, yelling at the guard to open the doors. She eventually gets through and they take a seat. One of them asks this poor little asian woman to move her bag, although her bag is sitting on her lap, and a nice man who also seems like a bogan sacrifices his seat to let the other friend sit there. Even though it's crowded and its peak hour these two girls were the loudest in the carriage. Majority of the train ride, they're sitting there hugging one another, seemed a bit weird at first, but I didn't bother to turn around and observe. Then there's a man who works for Cityrail standing by the stairs and continually shakes his head for some reason. So one of the two blonde girls gets off at Strathfield. The other woman gets from her seat and yells through the closed doors, "I'LL RING YOU AT 6 OKAY?!" She stands there and watches her friend leave as the train moves by.

Here is where the awkwardness begins. So there's an empty seat next to her, and over ten people standing up, all squashed together in this warm carriage. I assume the lady was drunk, because like the lady from my previous "Art of awkwardness" post, she continually kept repeating herself. "DOES ANYONE WANT TO SIT?"

From Strathfield all the way to about Parramatta, she kept repeating "DOES ANYONE WANNA SIT NEXT TO ME? THERE'S A SPARE SPOT NEXT TO ME? ANYONE? WHY DOESN'T ANYONE WANT TO SIT WITH ME? DOES EVERYONE WANT TO STAND UP? ANYONE WANT TO SIT?"

My friend and I just stared at each other, we both were thinking, that we would only sit if the other had a spot next to each other. The man from Cityrail standing by the stairs, kept shaking his head and softly giggled. One guy was mumbling things to a guy across the carriage from him about how crazy this woman was. This woman had thousands of stories to tell.

Once my friend and I found a seat next to each other, no one choose to sit next to the "crazy" lady. One man took the liberty to sit next to her, but he didn't know the awkwardness the rest of us in the carriage went through before he got on at Parramatta. I stared at the this man across from me who seemed to laugh everytime the lady kept trying to talk. She spoke to the Cityrail man about a boy was apparently got sliced in half by a train. The Cityrail man had nothing to say but,"I've heard, but not seen." It was quiet fascinating. Then she changed the topic and started talking to the man who offered his seat to her friend. She kept calling him a gentleman and that he was the only gentleman on the train, unlike the other hundred or us men on the train.

Oh, and one more thing, whilst she was telling everyone her stories, she was busily rolling up cigarettes in front of everyone. VERY funny.

This next story isn't really funny, but more embarassing and TOTALLY awkward. I got to work today to visit my manager, because I'm nice like that ;). Well remember my "so-called" friend who doesn't want to talk to me anymore, because I said a couple of things which upset them? Yeah well I got to work today, this certain person was working and they totally ignored me. Didn't bother to acknowledge my presence. So my manager decided to make him notice...

"_ _ _ _ _ say hello to Natasha."
awkward silence
"Say hello _ _ _ _ _"
awkward silence. Me staring at this person and thinking, this is just humiliating.

So this person continues to ignore me, and not even bother to say hello. So my manager decides to confront him, in front of the WHOLE store. She pretty much spilled everything out, "why aren't you talking to her? She apologized right? What do you want her to do, beg on her knees? What did she do wrong?"

I pretty much hid behind a wall, trying not to cry. It was quiet embarassing, but I knew it was HEAPS embarassing from this person who was being confronted in front of everyone in the store. I didn't know what to do. I want to step in a stop her, but I felt that this person needed to be taught a lesson. Yet, knowing this person, they won't learn. So I decided to leave so that she would stop torturing the poor person. Hopefully it worked =S.

No comments:

Post a Comment