Feb 17, 2010

My Lenten Promise

I believe that lately I've become a less religious person. I've taken my religion for granted and I've pretty much made work as my excuse. This lenten season I have made a sacrifice, and I am going to committ to it. I am officially (to the end of the lenten season) giving up ALL junk food. That means, no more ice cream =(, no more pizza shapes =(, no more chicken king for lunch on Sundays =(, no more Red Rooster for lunch =(, no more maccas nuggets =(, no more jelly bellies =(, yes that's right, I am going to give up junk food for 40 days!
I originally was thinking of just giving up soft drinks and chocolate, but I thought, why stop there? My manager was talking to a co-worker today who has gone vegetarian for 7 weeks to prove her family wrong. She's doing well, she's got a whole month to go, and my manager said, why stop there? Keep going! If you can do it for seven weeks why not go further? Its only a couple more days.

So as of today, I am officially OFF junk food. Wish me luck =D

No comments:

Post a Comment