Feb 23, 2010

One Week Down, Who Know's How Many More To Go

My sister has been gone for about a week and a bit on her trip around South America. She regularly updates me with photos from her trip, the places she sees, the people she meets, the clothes she is wearing and the things she buys me, and I am UBERLY jealous.

She gets to spend three months travelling from beach to beach, meeting hot British tourists, dancing the streets of Rio, while I have to start uni next week. This sucks!

I've always wanted to go around the world, solo. Experiencing new cultures, meeting new people and coming home with a refreshed new perspective on life. My eyes have just been open to Blacktown and nothing really much beyond it. The furthest I've been without my parents has been up the coast. But maybe in a few years time, when I've got a stable job and finished my degree, I will embark on my own worldwide journey.

My sister's trips is pretty much all in South America, apart from the occassional stop over in Denver, Canada and the Philippines. But if I was to customize my own trip I'd like to go at least one country per continent.

I've heard so much about Thailand. A lot of people I know have gone to Thailand and came back saying how awesome it is, how blue the water is, how the parties go off and how many prostitutes and hookers there are on the streets. Besides, everything is cheap cheap cheap over there! I SO WANNA GO!!!

Whenever someone asks me where in the world do I want to travel to, I always seem to say Germany. I don't know exactly why, maybe its the history part of it all, or the breathtaking scenary, or the outrageous drinking fests they have over there or a combination of all, it just sounds so lovely.

Being an absolutely Disney crackwhore, I HAVE, repeat, HAVE to go to Disneyland in America. Without a doubt, my life will not be complete unless I go to Disneyland. I have a list of what I plan to do in America, if I was to go.
  • DISNEYLAND (both parks, if possible =P)
  • Christmas in New York, and Ice skating at Rockefeller Centre
  • Watch a Phoenix Suns basketball game
  • Get a tattoo at Miami Ink
  • Watch Saturday Night Live, live in New York
  • MIAMI BEACH!!!
  • Spend Halloween and Thanksgiving in America to see what all the fuss is about

New Zealand is apparently the place to be these days. With most movies using New Zealand as the back drop to their movies, its become such a tourist site. But, I don't wanna go New Zealand just to see where Frodo and the Hobbits hid from the Nazgul's or whatever they are. I want the thrill part of it all. I wanna go on the giant swing and bungee jump and go white water rafting.

As an animal scientist in training, I would so love to travel down to Africa on a safari. Swimming with the sharks, watching the lions rest in the sun, giraffes outside my window after I wake up, hot summer days!!!

And like the stalker that I am, I NEED to go to England and stalk my lover, BEN BARNES! (yes I am still fascinated with him after two years, LEAVE ME ALONE!). Here is my opportunity to be the ultimate tourists and visit the tourist spots, like Platform 9 3/4, the red telephone booths, Big Ben, all that jazz.

No comments:

Post a Comment