Feb 24, 2010

The Art of Awkwardness - Part 2?

Talking about relationships, or potential relationships to someone you isn't exactly close to you, is pretty weird. But it's pure awkward when that person you are talking to, is your boss.

Fair enough, my boss is an okay person. He understands things about people my age that you wouldn't expect someone of his age to know. He gets that people these days are just utter idiots, and that some of them just have no manners what so ever and the only way to fight back is to literally fight back verbally and physically if it comes down to it.

But today, the conversation we had between the both of us in the kitchen made me feel a bit awkward. He asked the simplest question, "Do you like someone?", like the douchebag I am, I'm not entirely sure about the "like" part of that question. So I told him, "maybe". There's a fine line between liking someone and knowing the most you can be is friends. I think I've finally come to that point where I can't tell the difference between the two anymore, and to the point where I honestly don't give two shits about relationships anymore. Sure I dream about it, but at the same time, I dont need a man to define who I am and what I'm going to do in life. Yes, it all sounds cliche and dumb, but I think (and this doesn't apply to every couple), that the only reason people become couples, is for the label. So that they can flaunt and boast about it to their friends that they have a "boyfriend" or in banging my "girlfriend" or make some lousy excuse why they can't come out tonight because their "boyfriend" doesn't want them going to too late at night. BULLSHIT!

I think it's difficult for anyone to find a good balance between friends and boy/girl friend. Most couples either fight because they aren't spending enough time with each other, or they are spending TOO much time with each other that they become possessive. Or the boy/girl friend doesn't like his girl/boy friends best friend. PLEASE! I don't get it? I find no reason for anyone to be jealous of someones best friend. People these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment