Jan 26, 2010

Nine - Be Italiano

Today I went to watch Nine with my dearest friend and other half Cesar. We've literally been waiting so long for this movie to come out, and what better day to watch it than on "Cheap Ass Tuesday".

In short, Nine is a musical centered around a director and his struggle to make a movie and the weird relationships he has with several women in his life.

Alright, I've been told that Rotten Tomatoes is a reliable source of information when searching for movie reviews. And majority of the ratings and reviews given for Nine have been so-so or not worth watching. In my opinion, if you like musicals this movie is worth watching. A friend of mine says Nine is just a pathetic attempt to recreate Chicago, FAIL indeed.

The highlights of the movie, Penelope Cruz and Marion Cotillard. FUCK ME DEAD! Cesar and Ii both agree, that we were waiting desperately for a bitch fight between the directors mistress and wife. Penelope's solo, OH MY FREAKING GOSH! Everyone in the cinema did not take their eyes off the screen. I was getting goosebumps, I would have gone lesbian for her at that moment. And Marion's routine in the little sparkley outfit, HOT-NESS!

My favourite routine however was definitely Fergie's "Be Italiano". Nicole Kidman was in my opinion, forgetable. Kate Hudson can surprisingly sing, not that good, but good enough to be in a musical and not be ridiculed. Daniel Day Lewis has this smuck sort of funky vibe going on. The type of person that says I don't care, I'll do whatever I want whenever I want. Kinda turned me on ;)

Overall, I quiet enjoyed Nine. "Be Italiano"

No comments:

Post a Comment