Jan 17, 2010

Waiting....


2010 = new friends, new experiences, new turmoils, new trials, new triumphs, new music and new MOVIES!!! If there is one thing I look forward to in a new year is the anticipation of new movies and to watch the creative minds of talented directors all over the world.

If anyone realised last year, the entertainment world was filled with the vampire-craze. Whether it was the Twilight franchise, brain-washing young girls all over the world, or the mini-series of True Blood and Vampire Diaries. I believe 2010 is the year of the werewolf =). Enough pale skined folk who sparkle in the sunlight and feast on animals to survive, its the time of the werewolf, rampaging the night, howling at the full moon and transforming back into human form with no clothes on. WOO!

I got into watching Avatar: The Last Airbender a couple of years ago when I had to babysit my nephew. He used to always like watching Nickelodeon after school and it was always in this order, 3:00pm - Fairly Odd Parents, 3:30pm - Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius, 4:00pm - Avatar 4:30pm - Spongebob Squarepants, 5:00pm - Ben 10. Within those couple of hours I would either attempt homework or watching with my nephew. Avatar isn't such a bad show. The concept of the whole earth vs. fire, water vs. fire, air vs. fire theme was very intriguing. When I heard they were planning to remake the short series into a movie, I didn't know what to believe. How could they recreate Appa? Who was going to pay Aang? Can't wait to see what M. Night Shyamalan can come with.

There's no big particular reason why I want to watch Valentine's Day, I just like the whole "all-star cast" part of it all. I don't understand why a director would choose to make twenty or so "A-lister" celebrites working on the same movie. I think it destroys the true meaning of the movie with all the craze of the celebrites overshadowing the movie itself.

Beauty and the Beast was one of my favourite Disney films (after Little Mermaid and Aladdin). The new remake with Alex Pettyfer and Vanessa Anne Hudgen suprised me. I thought, Alex Pettyfer could do it. He has that whole bad boy appeal to him, but at the same time the pretty boy with those golden locks. But when I heard Vanessa Hudgens I thought, oh my, this girl is never going to be able to venture out on her own without the support of Disney or Disney related projects or anything which won't show her true talent (even though I don't really think she has any). Her boyfriend seems to be doing well at it, sort of. But Beastly looks spectacular, Alex Pettyfer looks UGLY and scary.

Nine has been getting some bad ratings recently, so I don't know what to think. But the fact that it's a musical makes me want to watch it. Kate Hudson apparently CAN sing and dance, bit of a shock there to be honest.

Overall, I think this maybe an okay year for movies, not as good as 2008 and 2009, but still up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment