Jan 2, 2010

Welcome 2010

HAPPY BELATED NEW YEARS!!! New years was okay for me this year, nothing outrageous or special, just a small family new years, minus my sister. It helped that my mum was able to make it in time for the new years countdown from work. But overall, sharing a bottle of Verdi with my parents, pulling party poppers around the house, setting off sparkles in the front yard and sending hundreds of text messages to all my beloved ones.

I guess what sort of ruined my new years experience this year was the fact that I had to go to work at 11am the next day, boo hoo. But it kind of made me happy in a way, for two reasons...double pay (yes!) and that it was my last shift in the hell-hole I call East Blacktown Red Rooster, and back to Westpoint Red Rooster with the rest of my workmates, whom I have learnt to call friends now. The other day, my boss Tammy fired a couple of people from the Westpoint store. My manager at East Blacktown wouldn't tell me who got fired, but in the back of my head I kept saying, please don't fire my friends. I only have a couple there, but still, you never know. And next thing I know, two of my friends got fired. Boo hoo. One of them, I used to talk a lot too, but was also a very annoying and talkative person. So talkative that I would purposely hide in the freezer just to now hear their voice echoing in the kitchen, but I still called a friend. The other was with me in the kitchen most of the time and although I didn't talk to this person much, we always had a good time out back with the rest of the kitchenhand crew. But I guess it's just business.

So, every year people do this small tradition over the world where they attempt to uphold a promise or goal to themselves to achieve over the year before the next known as a new year's resolution. Some of the resoultions are all the same and cliche, like to lose weight, or to be try a be a better saver or a better lover. I personally couldn't think of a new year's resolution. Most people who make resolutions, just end up breaking it or are unable to keep it up. So I thought, I would keep mine simple and achieveable. To become a nicer person to every person and take more pictures of all life's memories (cliche i know =P).

No comments:

Post a Comment