Dec 15, 2010

Day 18

LOL, keep missing these things

"your beliefs"
I really don't know where to begin with this one. Well I guess first and foremost, everyone is entitled to their opinion regardless of the colour of their skin, the language they speak, they gender, their sexuality, religion and all of the above. What I can't tolerate is when people intrude and interrupt others in mid conversation and people who will always argue just to prove a point. Yes, this kind of contradicts my belief, but I do believe there is a fine line with freedom of speech and going overboard. For example, I had a friend the other day who I forgot the name of their dog. I'm not really close to this person, but I have heard of the dogs name every now and then, it's not exactly something we talk about everyday. Anyway, this person, as always went on arguing with me saying I should know the name of their best friend and that the topic at hand is not stupid (I realised that every conversation I have with this fellow ends up as an argument over the stupidest things, which I did not mean intentionally). The conversation then went on and I was getting tired and frustrated with this fellow, later on they then question how I got my job (I work at a pet store). The conversation that led to this massive explosion was when they mentioned how I should be considerate of dogs. I am thank you very much, knowing the name of someones dog is not my number one priority.

So moral of the story, when the point has been proven, it does not need to be extended any further than it should be.

I also believe in being open-minded. Many people I know these days are bitter and mislead, especially the young ones. I do not know how many conversations I have had with teenagers who have complained about their parents grounding them, or their friends doing something awful to them, or their teachers acting totally mental. They are very one-sided which frustrates me. They don't seem to understand that every story has two sides to it. One of course the person narrating it and the other as the person reading it. Teenagers are the readers. Another example, I have a friend who I told a story to about a boy we work with. She believes I am 100% right and he is 100% wrong and that he should suffer for all the wrongs he has done to me. What she doesn't understand is his part of the story. I tell her to not take sides but still she does because she thinks its the nobel thing to do, considering we are best friends. But I prefer she not be biased and not take sides, when this is clearly my issue.

I have other beliefs, but can't seem to think of more off the top of my head at this time (1.31am).

No comments:

Post a Comment