Dec 3, 2010

Be Inspired

Today I got the chance to see the new Westfield on Pitt Street in the city. First impression?

"This is some fancy shamancy shit..."

As soon as you walk in, or at least as soon as I walked in, I felt unclean and I guess a better word for it would be, unworthy. Unworthy to stand, let alone look at clothes, jewellery, watches, bags and all that other mumbo jumbo. One shirt at one of those stores was probably worth all my clothes COMBINED in my wardrobe. There were my usual kind of stores like Tree of Life and Supre (not really) but from where I was standing and observing, everything was, for the better word, expensive!

But there was this one store, a stationary store called kikki.K. More sophisticated than Typo, and more multipurpose. I LOVED all the stationary there. For some reason I have some weird like for fruit on stationary, so as soon as I saw the apple shaped stamp,the strawberry post-it notes, notebooks decorated in fruit decor, pencil cases, pens and bags covered with fruit, I felt like a kid in a candy store. The short combinations of bursts of laughter and high pitched squealing was quite embarrassing but enjoyable. Have not done that in a while. All in all, had a lovely day exploring the city, shopping around and taking photos =)

No comments:

Post a Comment