Dec 29, 2010

Day 30

"highs and lows of this month"
Christmas is definitely one of the main highs of this month. On the religious side and the gathering part of it all. I hardly get to see my cousins and relatives; we've all gotten distant lately and since my family is the smallest out of the rest of our cousins we're often the ones left out of everything (my cousins also say its because they think my dad is scary =P). It was just really nice to spend Christmas with my cousins, playing scattergories, talking about whats going on with our lives and swimming in the pool.

Christmas this year though has also been kinda, slow? Dead? Uneventful? It just seems like another ordinary day of the week. I mean everyone spends so much money buying presents and receiving presents that no one really nowadays understands the true meaning of Christmas, or should I say CHRISTmas. The birth of Christ. It's Jesus's birthday. And I understand that Christmas is the holiday of giving, but more people just seem to be more into the receiving bit, and the gifts people get are getting more and more extravagant every year. Like my nephew last year got a skateboard or a bike (one of them), this year he got this Android like iPad. Let's just say something similar to the iPad. He is 13 and he got something that extreme for Christmas. When I was 13 I remember getting "Guess Who" the board game for Christmas. To me this year, Christmas was just another reason for parents to spoil their children rotten. That was a definite low of this month. That people had lost the true meaning of Christmas. The birth of Christ.

Another high of this month was getting to hang out with my old high school friends. Especially the other day where four of us spent five hours (with a twenty minute break) playing "Halo", like we used to back in high school after sports on Thursday afternoons. It was just nice to sit back and reminisce about everything. I love my friends so much, I hate how distant we've become over the past two years.

One that I am looking forward for is New Years. A new year, a new start; new adventures, new challenges; meeting new people and all of the above. I really hope 2011 is going to be a good year for me. Fingers crossed.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Years to everyone =D.

No comments:

Post a Comment