Dec 21, 2010

Day 25

"someone you fascinates you and why"
That's actually quite a personal one, he is one of my friends who I used to work with at Red Rooster. At first I didn't exactly talk to his boy, purely because he was quite .. quiet and awkward I guess you could say. He used to turn up to work really early and wouldn't start till his shift started, on the dot. Before he started he would walk back and forth in the store and stretch and do all these weird things. Anyway I guess one day I finally took up the courage to talk to him and make conversation. Turns out he was a nice, interesting guy who has a lot to say about everything and everyone.

Anyway, one day he turned up to work one day and was in tears. He was angry and upset and all that is sad and depressing. And it struck me, not only because I haven't really seen a guy cry before, but this guy who was always talking and laughing with everyone, making jokes and all that jazz was in tears and crying like there everything and everyone in the world hurt him. I heard this story, as to why he was in tears. The things I learnt that day forever changed my perspective on him. He was no longer the awkward boy who stretched during work and talked non sense and walked back and forth in work, he was, as cliche as it sounds, my friend.

But what really fascinates me, is that, through all the adversity he goes through, all the hard times and the depressing moments of his life, he still manages to remain strong and live life to the fullest. He doesn't take shit from anyone and lives by his own rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment